Under the supervision of the REACH Assessment Officer, the REACH GIS Coordination Assistant will support the implementation of the capacity building programme on information management and GIS to local administrations affected by conflict in eastern Ukraine. He/she will be responsible for ensuring adequate liaison and communication with local partners, organizing events and workshops in close collaboration with the logistics team, and ensuring adequate filling and documentation of all programme activities.
1. Support to programme implementation
The REACH Coordination Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the REACH assessment officer in the implementation of an information management and GIS capacity building programme for the 11 local authorities affected by conflict in Ukraine. This will include support in drafting official communication, organizing meetings, following up with local authorities, taking meeting minutes and ensuring adequate documentation of programme activities (attendance sheets, file storage, and filing).
2. Support to External Liaison
The REACH Coordination Assistant, under the supervision of the assessment officer, will be responsible for ensuring adequate liaison with all external partners, especially local authorities. This will include building a comprehensive database of contacts that will be the basis of the network to ensure adequate implementation of the programme. The assistant will be responsible for ensuring regular communication with all stakeholders at all stages of the project including: i) consultations, ii) preparation for workshops, iii) reminders and iv) follow up/evaluation.
3. Support facilitation of capacity building workshops of local authorities
The REACH coordination assistant will support the smooth implementation of 11 capacity building workshops, including: i) the preparation of all training materials, ii) support to the logistics team iii) support to the procurement of materials and goods for the training, iv) communication with participants and v) translation of materials. During the workshop, the assistant will provide quality support to participants.
5. Support to Internal Communication Processes
The REACH Coordination Assistant will support the AO in ensuring adequate communication with the REACH and ACTED teams in country.
6. Confidentiality and Data Protection
The REACH Coordination Assistant will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences, Administration or Governance;
- 1–3 years of experience in providing programme support in a development or humanitarian organization or a local administration;
- Fluency in English required;
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Previous experience in organizing events and communication with large audiences;
- Excellent Ukrainian and Russian writing skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is a must;
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign an asset;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements an asset;
- Ability to work independently with little external support;
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Applications, in English, should include a CV and a cover letter.
Applications should be submitted no later than August 14th 2017 at 18:00 with the title or reference of the position (e-mails without mentioned position will be not considered) in the subject of the E-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. ACTED is equal opportunity employer.